In ‘The Empowerment Zone’ Dr Ramona Houston focusses on building the power of the African American and Latinx communities.
Why You Should Write about Your Life
As the saying goes, “History is told by the victor.” Ramona talks to Anita Henderson, owner of The Write Image and creator of the Write Your Life Author Coaching Program, about the importance of writing.
Known as The Author’s Midwife, Anita explains why Black and Brown communities should tell their own stories, the variety of ways to share those stories—including book publishing, and how we can leverage these stories to make a greater impact on the world. From corporate professionals to entrepreneurs to genealogists and family historians, Anita helps smart people write their life.
In this show we zone in on all aspects of Black and Brown empowerment:
- We support building economic, political, educational and social power.
- We advocate for health, philanthropy and service.
- We champion racial and social justice.
- We critically analyze current events and issues from our perspectives.
- We spotlight and celebrate our history, (s)heroes, culture, institutions, organizations and events.
- We create synergy between our communities, believing that by working together, we increase our capacity and effectiveness in ushering in a better nation and world.
If you are interested in advancing the empowerment of the African American and Latinx communities, join us twice weekly as Dr. Ramona Houston and her guests get into the zone to explore Black and Brown relations and our journey to empowering our communities.